Friday, October 31, 2008

NFL Picks

Here we go again. Gotta pick my Colts, with great trepidation, just 'cos they have to win this game or their season is basically over. Bob Sanders could be back. Who knows what might happen?

Other thoughts: The Jets look peculiarly unimpressive, losing at Oakland and having to rally to beat Kansas City. Speaking of KC, the Tampa game has trap written all over it, a team that just lost a physical game going to Arrowhead to play a team that's purportedly no good but came darn near beating a playoff contender on the road last week. Still, I'm sticking with Tampa. The picks here that I have no confidence on whatsoever are Arizona at St. Louis and Minnesota over Houston. These are both toss-up games and I'm picking them basically on hunch. Also, the Redskins-Steelers game, where I have to go with Washington because Pittsburgh's offensive line has been so terrible, but we could easily see the Skins lay a turnover-filled egg like they did against the Rams a couple weeks back. I think Pitt will have to work harder to win this game than Washington will, and it's in DC, so I have to pick the Redskins. Still, though, this is a very unpredictable week after a very predictable last couple of weeks, and it makes me queasy. I'm just grateful I'm not picking against the spread. (That'll be next year, folks.)

Week 9: √
BILLS over jets
BEARS over lions
jaguars over BENGALS
BROWNS over ravens
TITANS over packers
cardinals over RAMS
VIKINGS over texans
bucs over CHIEFS
BRONCOS over dolphins
falcons over RAIDERS
GIANTS over cowboys
eagles over SEAHAWKS
COLTS over patriots
REDSKINS over Steelers

Last week: 10-4
Season: 73-43 62.9%

No comments: